Thursday, January 21, 2010

Something good to eat!

So here it is....the blog I have been talking about creating for a long, long time. Did you ever think I would follow through?

This blog is a way for us to share great recipes we have made for our families and friends. So often, we hear each other talk of a great meal we made, and we all respond with, "I want that recipe." Do we ever get it? No. I am here to change that! If you make a recipe, whether it is a main course, side dish, dessert or anything edible, email me, or call me if you'd prefer, and I will share your recipe here. When you are looking for something yummy to make, come back here and look through the recipes, and hopefully you will be inspired to try something new. This is our blog, so please be sure to leave me comments with what you want to see.

Now, for something good to eat! I made this cake the other day because the weather is yucky, I was home in my warm home, and was feeling domestic. Most of the indgredients I had on hand. I shared the cake with my neighbor, Kyle, and she loved it. So did my picky son.

Yummy Yellow Cake (Soaked in Caramel)
1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
Water, Oil and Eggs as directed on box
3 T. butter or margarine
3 T. packed light brown sugar
3 T. granulated sugar
3 T. heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Start by preparing a yellow cake as directed, in a bundt pan. Bake as suggested.

Meanwhile, prepare the Caramel Sauce. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the butter, sugars, cream and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Let boil 1 minute, stirring often.

Invert the cake onto a serving plate. While cake is still warm, spoon carmel glaze over the cake, and allow it to soak into the cake. Feel free to lick the pan when you are done. And your fingers. Serve the cake with whipped cream or ice cream. Or both. Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. YUM...I love getting to use my Bundt pans. Thansk for posting :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake soaked in caramel?? Sounds good to me! Good luck on your new blog endeavor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blog and thanks for sharing with Tasty Tuesday. Just a little info that you'll definitely want to know for hooking up to meme's like TT, is you link to the exact post (which you did perfectly) and then somewhere in your post you need to put where you linked to. Many hosts will delete your link if you don't, but I tend to let it for a few times since I am the queen of forgetting to do that. You can link back to beautyandbedlam.com or my exact TT post. :) Welcome again to this fascinating virtual world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! And your blog is really cute.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio