Thursday, January 28, 2010

Penne Pasta Pleaser

You have heard of The Pioneer Woman, haven't you? If you have not, you are missing out on one hilarous woman who can cook! Check out her blog when you have some time and are in need of a good laugh.

A few weeks ago, I made her Penne a la Betsy for dinner and my husband swooned with delight when he ate it. In fact, I was so proud of my dinner that bragged to anyone who would listen. My sister, Kathy, asked that I post the recipe here, but to make my life easier, I am posting the link to Pioneer Woman's recipe. You gotta try it, I promise you will love it.

By the way, I have a few tips for you....when you make this, you will need a bottle of white wine. I am not a big fan of white wine (I prefer a good Pinot!), so I only used part of the bottle. When I was cleaning up the dinner, I pour 1/2 cup portions into Ziploc baggies, and threw them in the freezer. I labeled the bags so my son wouldn't get any ideas, and now I am prepared next time a recipe calls for white wine. My other tip for you is to dice the shrimp in this recipe into little chunks. This made it easier to eat, and I fooled my son into thinking they were little pieces of chicken. He fell for it!

Go right now and visit The Pioneer Woman's blog. You won't be sorry. You may gain a few pounds, but it is not my fault. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio