Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sometimes I dream about chicken....



I got this recipe a few years ago from my Pastor's wife, Carol. She made it for me one night, and I have loved it and dreamed about it ever since. It is really that good! My daughter, who lives in San Francisco, makes this dish whenever she needs to impress someone (her new roomate is the latest person she has "WOWED"). It is a very easy recipe that tastes like a million bucks! (And may or may not have a million calories in it!) Make it tonight and "wow" your family!

Butterfly Chicken (or Wow Your Friends and Family Chicken)

1 stick of butter, melted
1 1/2 cups of flour
salt and pepper
6 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/2 pint of heavy cream
1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
2/3 cup of Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour melted butter into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken with the flour. Place the chicken in on the butter in the baking dish. Pour the cream over the chicken. Place the mushrooms over the chicken, if desired*. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling and beginning to brown. Serve over hot rice or noodles, spooning the sauce over the chicken. Don't leave any sauce behind, it is frowned upon!

*Some people don't like mushrooms (they go as far as calling them "fungus"), but I like mushrooms, so I add lots. Let the silly ones pick out the mushrooms!

2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't like mushrooms??? I call them nature's candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish! Too bad I had already made a chicken dinner, would've loved to try this. Will remember for next time. ~ns

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio